Saturday, September 13, 2008

Fall

I have to say that fall is my favorite time of year. The Packers and Red Wings are starting new seasons, Halloween is coming up very soon, and my birthday is right around the corner. Not that I am looking to become another year older, but since there is not much I can do about it anyway I chose to embrace it. I really think that age is a state of mind, or a state of decomposition depending on how you look at it. I have met people in their 70s with more energy than teenagers, and people in their 40s who seem one step away from death. We obviously can't control our health completely, and even if we try and take really good care of ourselves we can still get sick or succumb to disease. But we are here for as long as we are here, so we might as well make the most of it. So we should all drink as much good beer and fine tequila as we can while we are here! But don't drink too much or you won't be here as long as you would like to be.

While fall is my favorite season, it also signals that winter is on it's way. I could do without winter. Maybe give me 2 months of winter and then head right into spring. Or make both fall and spring a little longer and shorten winter. Who do I need to talk to about this? Is there a petition I could sign or something? Maybe I should just move farther south!

But until winter comes I get to enjoy the smell of the cool fall air, grilling before the Packer games, decorating the house for Halloween, the start of hockey season and celebrating my birthday with my family and some tequila or beer, or tequila and beer.

No comments: